about me

I am a dedicated mother of a severely food allergic child. Every moment of every day is spent keeping him safe and preventing anaphylaxis. Follow me as I go through the ups and downs of this anaphylactic life. Please click "our story" below to read the beginning of this journey.

Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Random hives

Last night Ash had what we call "random" hives. We are not sure what caused them. He had them on his abdomen and one on his forehead.  They ONLY thing I can think of is that I had come home from work with some food residue. People are always eating peanut m&m's and things at work and then I have to touch what they touch, also I work @ a peds office with kids and have to touch their skin/hands etc...I don't know but I feel guilty. It only takes a tiny amount of egg or nut residue. When I get home I always take my scrubs off immediately and wash my hands and arms and I did last night but maybe I missed something. We were laying on the floor reading books and he just burst into small hives. They weren't red like some of the hives he gets. I guess it could have been something on someones shoe that had been in our house??! The thing about hives with Ash is that we never know if they will go down or it will turn into anaphylaxis. We just have to wait.    He is okay now. We gave benadryl and I kept him up late as I was too paranoid to let him sleep.  He did eat baked chicken breast for the first time last night but it was hours earlier.  We have been trying to get him to eat chicken for over a year and he would never swallow it. He did last night.  His chicken blood test came back negative... Who knows.  All I know is he is safe and at home with me now and that makes me happy :)   Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment